Saturday, September 13, 2008

examology

I've always had conversations in my head. As far as i know, its a common thing. The battle between the voice of reason and desire etc. Only thing is i just found out that it isnt normal to have about 7 voices at one go.

I grew up with the voices. How was i supossed to know that there were too many Farahs in my head?

Now, they wont go away.

They've found their own little crevices inside my mind, soul and body to manifest their own hopes and dreams. And i have to be objective and fair and let each of them have their own air time. Its the only right thing to do.

I'm not joking by the way.
They are there.
I just thought you guys should know that they exist.
(currently untittled)
I'm playing with candy ideas floating on
a cloud of snow in my mind.
I touch these glittering orbs of genius
and draw them out, honey-coated, sticky
and sweet.
They are glassy, malleable and
i attempt to manipulate them to suit
my whims and fancies.
They then grow long tentacles
reaching out to infinite possibility,
entangling themselves in a mess
like
freshly cokked spaghetti.
Scared, i fling them into the recesses
of my mind to be tugged at on a
later date.
With my pinky, i probe into
a corner of my imagination and find
another
creamy, cushioned, soft idea.
It smells like daffodills and lavenders
baked in the sun.
I squeeze it till it starts to
bleed
butterfilies that cloud my vision.
Distracted, i toss my fury ball of ideas
and then,
chase my rainbow-coloured,
dew-dropped, mango and oriental patterned
butterflies up
up
up
Mount Everest to reach
orange New Mexico
which reeks of diesel,
oil, lust and crime.
I cannot compartmentalise, organize,
label and chart my ideas in straight, pedantic
rows of sux and fours like you want me to.
You say its ideal but its unreal.
Just like my ideas.
Unreal. Imaginative. Infinite. and Wild.
They grow atop cherry trees
and orange bushes and slither
underneath persian rugs,
clinging onto aeroplanes that
swim
in the sea and
dive
into vast, expanssive desserts
only to find more places to explore,
uncontrollably,
unguidedly,
in a
frenzied,
perfect,
mess.
They are not fixed or stable.
They are volatile and excitable.
So please, dont ask me to silence
these peacocks which
fly
and
swim
and
cry
because i cannot silence what i cannot
control
and because caging my ideas
would mean
a sky
empty,
a sound
lost,
a mesage
unwritten
and Me
reduced to
another prototype in this static world of
black and white.
PS: they should have been borken up into stanzas but blogger is being a biatch. Jessica?
Back to Chem,
Much love,
Farah

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

What an interesting poem, you have there ;)

farah said...

Thanks:) Who are ya?

ADNIN said...

hello love! i miss u too and it's horrible to knw u're gg thru the same shit as we did but taht's the circle of life honey stay strong it'll be over before u knw it! love yooooooooooo :))

mifa said...

i just read the poem again. lurves =)

Faiz said...

Addicted to Love by Robert Palmer??Even men my age don't listen to him!!(I dig his songs too btw) gosh youre such a rarity..haha..im assuming youre still a jc student so yeah..:)

cheers,

faizguybustamente

farah said...

Hey guys!
{adnin} thanks. i dont know how im going to get thru this though soefie. I really hope that GC of yours brings me all the luck i need. or even better - your grades :)

{mifa} YayS! Im happy you lurves it. Lets go for coffeeeee AGAIN.


(faiz) hello faiz :) HAHA robert Palmer is like the tip of the ice berg. Im a total 80's girl. I dig music from the 60's and 70' and early 90's more than the current chart toppers. yeap. i AM still in JC. It is such a PAIN though!