I hope this old train breaks down,
then i could take a walk around.
The term - along with my time as a junior college student is drawing to a close and i find myself (typically) too wrapped up in the present sore (prelims) to be too upset.
In fact, its a much needed break. I need time out to get in to the familiar bubble of work, work, work.
The cogs are in place. I just need a little jab here and a small poke there to get these wheels churning.
The night oil's buring and the midnight man has taken mr sand man captive - much to the dismay of my 'bright eyes'.
Last saturday, i took a bow in front of a beautiful, intimate audience whose infectious energy and thunderous applause reminded me that the decision i made was the right one and that i only gained from keeping to my word and staying in the play. The play deserved an audience. We deserved an audience.
But as the lights dimmed for the final time, i felt the house lights go off in the recesses of my memory. I felt the curtains weigh down in my heart as a chapter closed , shut.
I remained embittered and wallowed in self pity for 20 odd hours and true enough the call that always ( and always will ) reigned supreme strapped me right back onto the seat of fate. I am catapulting in slow motion, free-wheeling and tumbling across acres of lined foolscap and velvet oceans of ink towards freedom.
Today, i was finally sated. Finally happy and satisfied to know that at least you care. And i am so happy you took the first step to ask and talk and rehash before we all go our seperate ways. I was surprised this came from you but then again , in retrospect, you're probably the most sensitive to people's feelings. Dont worry, i understand completely - no hard feelings whatsoever. I dont think i'll ever comprehend this situation but it doesnt bother me too much anymore.
Thank you.
And, finally, the Globalyearbook arrived. Now, i have 72 hours to get things penned, pasted and printed. 72 hours to call the press and get them involved and 72 hours to make my mark in the global community.
Perhaps i should go into communications and be the youngest entrepenuer to start a company solely focused on the development of intercontinental internet liasons.
It already sounds impressive.
Here's to 7 fast terms that skimmed past but managed to create large enough a crater to equate at least 5 years prior.
Here's to a goodbye and a hello again on a whole different stage.
Prelims, here i come.
And see what there is to see,
Time is just a melody.
Much Love,
Farah
No comments:
Post a Comment