Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Mi Casa Su Casa

Yes, I began a post, the way i always did. With a title that rarely has anything to do with the post itself. Lets say its tradition now.

I havent written in my blog for months, nearing a year now and its just so strange to be typing again. I read somewhere that the most narcissistic and egoistic job next to being a model, is teaching.

I beg to differ.

I say its writing. Whether you blog, or write travel editorials *waves hand in the air, si si, me write for travel ppl* or whether you write novels - oh not to mention self help books *shivers*, you're really full of yourself. I mean, who said i want you to stuff your ideals down my throat? OK, so maybe i did spend $49.90 on you and got you on my Kindle as well. but STILL.

Yes, the pot is looking at the kettle. And the kettle at the pot. And yeah, i'm black.

And if you didnt get that reference, you may want to reduce it to something racial, whatever tickles your fancy really.

Interestingly, during my hiatus away from the blogosphere, people came to me saying, "hey whatsa happened with yo' blog man. I was diggin it innit. Man write again man. I wanta be rea'in it. yeah. "

Okay la horh. Noone said it quite like that. Tsk. Same same but different lah. Point is, I'm back, I'm black, and im a hell of a shag.

Snort.

Aaaaah, babies, somethings really dont change do they?

Meaanwhoiille, (haha i havent said that in age-s), Eid is coming, Ramadhan has been flying by waaaay too fast i feel like i need to hit a pause button on life and just retreat into myself cos im losing my soul to the hustle and bustle of uni life and excessive facebooking (someone cuff me).

Ive got a baby brother. Okay a half-brother. On the 26th of July 2010, Yusuf Bawany was born:)

The lovelylondoners are in town, as always this time o' year. Difference is, Imaan is going to be staying back and living with me. Looks like i gained a sister too.

Uni life has been hectic. This past year, rather, uh, a haze. Just waaaay too much self-division and investing myself in people and relationships that just didn't deserve all that much effort. Not that i regret anything, Ive learnt a lot and grown a lot. And its just another chapter.

Im loving this book called Life.

I'm hating the whole issue about Mosque at Ground Zero though. I mean, i am so enraged. First of all, its not a mosque! Its a culture centre! With a prayer room. And and and its not at Ground Zero for crying out loud, its two blocks away. There is a strip joint three blocks away. How much more offensive is that. Oh but of course, a bunch of strippers didnt hijack planes did they. A bunch o' mozlems did it. And and since its just a prayer room, what about Muslims who pray at the corner of ground zero? Does that make Ground Zero a mosque?!

Oh, world, you've got to be kidding me. Ignorance is not being feigned by the thousands. Its being embraced as the holy truth as prophesied by a brutish sort of man, with a hooked nose, sitting in a production studio somewhere smoking pot.

On a lighter note,
tis good to be back,
and tis girl hopes to stay.

Much Love,
Farah


No comments: