Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Flitter-bug

I spent the day flitting. In and out of moods. Between the concious and the unconcious. And i'm perpetually sent catapulting into different time zones due to familiar scents, songs and flavours. Even the texture of clothes on my skin. I swear, its getting a little too bizarre.

Anyway, that aside. I want to ask you to please, please watch the movie, "Serendipity" if you have'nt already. I've actually had the urge to write a post about the movie - starring John Cusack and Kate Beckinsale for the longest time. But under the guidance of the Godess of Procrastination. I , well, procrastinated.

It is the most adorable and heart-warming romantic comedy in the history of sappy, fuzzy movies that make you feel all wobbly inside.
As of today, ive watched it about 4 times. I plan to watch it again, again, again and again.


I love the title of the movie- Serendipity. It means a fortunate accident. I'll be honest, the series of fortunate, or at times, not so fortunate (well it depends on how you look at it) accidents that make up the storyline of the movie can be ridiculous and fairly far-fetched. But ironicaly, and scarily, if you've encountered moments of "serendipity" in your life, you might just find the events all too familiar for comfort.

In my case, i ended up mulling over the possibility, that we are all part of a magnificent tapestry , intricately designed and weaved by some higher power of sorts, and we're all somehow pre-destined to do something or get somewhere or meet someone at somepoint. I won't go to the extent of saying fate is behind everything. But i beleive that we should always, always, leave something, anything, up to faith and just beleive in the unknown. In serendipity. Seriously, sit back and think of all the uncanny coincidences the have occured in the past year and where they have brought you. Personaly, it seems like these cases of "serendipity" have created a larger impact on my life and on who i am compared to anything else that i had planned and worked towards from the start. Just think about it.

Also, the movie is studded with adorable jokes - crafted very well to suite the theme of Destiny and Fate. Of course, the adorable John Cusack and the amazing chemistry between him and co-star, the stunnning Kate Beckinsale is so infectious.

I'd ramble but I'm going to abruptly end here because my moon lit bed is too sexy to ignore.

So here's to the post, that is'nt quite as satisfactory as i hoped. But a post, nontheless, to the fuzzywuzzysoppy-romantic comedy-numero uno : Serendipity!Watchwatchwatch.

Oh, and the soundtrack is beautiful too.
Here's a rather interesting video by Annie Lenox for the song OST Serendipity - Waiting in Vain. Its not the best quality. Be pateint and turn your volume up.
I love the colours in the video but i have to say, it is disturbing at some level.
Enjoy.




Flitting away to dreamland,
Farah.

No comments: