I've been hit by the first wave of carrer-path breakdowns - an annual event that peaks during grad years. I feel that i've been shortchanged by the system. My potential has been curbed by the choices i made and the ones to come. And i've been comprimised as a person. Its not in my power to change it now - ok, fine; i have the choice of staying back a year and repeating my JC life in a different course. But how is that going to help me? I picked a science course because it supports career choice numero uno ; Medicine AND because i have the choice to switch to the Arts in Uni if i want to. Right?
But is this freedom to choose really worth a part of my character, personality, opinion, mind, soul and life being comprimised?
I've finally emailed Shazeea - a contact in Monash. Something i should have done 2 years ago. The interviews for the medicine faculty in Monash is this June. I really don't think i'll make it for those interviews. I'm definitely waaaay too insecure and lost for that and i doubt a sudden change of mind or a blast of optimism is lurking anywhere near.
Ah, teen-life crisis. Major teen-life crisis.
I hate how my youth is slipping away from me. Gonna be a old prune soon. A Hot old prune :) Heh. At least, my sense of humour has'nt been comprimised. Yet. I hope. Oh dear.
Sighing my minutes away amidst tutorials and caffeine,
the very exhausted,
Sulking Farah.
2 comments:
Compromised or comprimised..?
oh gosh. you're right anonymous person. it IS compromise. just like how its opinionated NOT opiniated. my spelling is atrocious. im dyslexic. :)
Post a Comment